Sailing on the water with friends and family is a great way to spend an afternoon. While you’re looking at boats for sale in Discovery Bay, take a moment to learn about boat safety gear. Keep the following gear on your boat at all times.
- Flashlight and batteries. A flashlight and a fresh set of batteries are practically mandatory for boating. A flashlight makes it easy to see in the dark should you lose power and your boat become stalled at night.
- Buckets. Why would you need buckets on a boat? Well, you could spring a leak and need to bail water out of the boat. You could also need buckets to catch water from a leaky pipe. Buckets are important because they can keep the boat from flooding.
- First aid kit. You never know when your or a passenger might need medical aid. A first aid kit can keep things under control until you’re able to get medical care.
- Life jackets. Your boat should have several official US Coast Guard life jackets. Ideally, you’ll have one jacket for each person on the boat.
- Rope. If someone falls overboard, a rope can help save their life. Just make sure it’s long enough to pull someone back to safety if needed.
Find the Perfect Boat Norcal MasterCraft Discovery Bay has boats for sale in Discovery Bay. Visit to discover your boating options.