A mobile phone holds memories and information that are too precious to lose. If you want to sell your old mobile, make sure you back up all your data.
- Photos and videos – Cloud storage and your computer offer options where you can back up your videos and photos. Some cloud storage services offer up to 1 terabyte storage space. Cloud storage services allow you to back up your videos and photos automatically or when connected to Wi-Fi. For you to save your videos and photos on the computer, you need to connect then copy and paste what you need to back up.
- Back up in your Google account – Calendar entries, documents, app data, contacts, and Gmail accounts can all be backed up to your Google account. To back up, go to settings then accounts and select Google. Tick everything that you want to back up and press sync.
- Call logs and texts – Google play offers a solution for backing up texts and text. The texts and call log can then be uploaded to Dropbox, email or Google drive. When you get another phone, you can simply transfer the information using Fast Transfer.
- Encrypt your data – It is not enough to back up your data, you need to wipe all the data from the phone memory so that the new user does not access your data. After you back up your data, carry out a factory reset. After that, encrypt your data by going to settings, security then pressing encrypt phone. If anyone wants to access the data, they will have to input the password that you put when encrypting the phone. Your data will be safe since you are the only one who will have the password.
- Deactivate factory reset – Remove your Google accounts from the phone. Go to settings then accounts and sync then Google then select the account or accounts that you want to remove. Remove the Google accounts.
After backing up all your data, you can delete all information from your phone. You are now ready to sell your old mobile. Reach out to us at Sellyt for a good deal for your old mobile phone. At Sellyt, we decide on how to collect your device through courier services at your doorstep. If you agree to the quoted value for your device, we pay you the same day but if not, we return your device where we collected it from at no charge.